About Me

My photo
Movie rating system (0-2) The movie is balls (2-4) A few moments but mostly bad (4-5.5) Entertaining film but lacking something to make it good. (6-7.5) A recommendation meaning a good solid watch. (8-10) must watch films, they are usually leaders in their respective genre. I can also be found on Facebook or follow my blog at the bottom of this page. THERE MAY BE MINI SPOILERS AHEAD!!! But there will be no endings/twists/cameos/or large plot reveals given.

Social Network

Search This Blog

Labels

Monday 23 September 2013

Star Wars Characters

STAR WARS TOP 10 LIST

I have long wanted to do a Star Wars post, but it always got pushed to the back burner. Now that I have a free second to write, I figured I would do a Top 10 Star Wars list. When Disney bought the Star Wars rights late last year, I was stoked to find out that they were doing movies 7, 8, and 9 in the story arc. Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood and although the new ones didn’t amaze me, I never the less was entertained by them, and I also loved the nostalgia that they invoked. When I heard J.J. Abrams was set to direct the new ones, I was downright giddy. You see, I am a rare Star Wars/Star Trek crossover fan. I guess you can call me a surly Nausicaan Nerf Herder. I am not angry that Abrams is bringing his vision to Star Wars as his Star Trek reboots have been great. Although, the lightsaber scenes are going to have so many lens flares!  With the announcement of movies 7, 8, and 9, there came another announcement of two standalone films. The films would be separate origin stories of Han Solo and Boba Fett. Were these the right two characters to start with? Absolutely they are! It got me thinking about other characters that should get their own film. Keep in mind that I have never read the Star Wars books, so I am going on their movie characters alone. So make yourself a Tatooine Sunburn, sit back and enjoy a list that I hope comes to fruition.

THIS LIST MAY CONTAIN VERY NERDY SPOILERS.


TOP 10 STAR WARS CHARACTERS THAT SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN MOVIE.

THESE ARE IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

10. Kit Fisto

Kit Fisto had little screen time and yet it was enough to intrigue me. He was part of the Jedi High Council and is an imposing figure. His signature grin lets the viewer know he loves to battle evil. Although he was chopped down in his prime by Darth Sidious, I can’t help but feel there is a rich origin story to be told about him.


9. Greedo

Greedo was the bounty hunter that Han Solo kills like a boss in the Cantina bar on Mos Eisley. It has sparked many debates of whether Han shot first. There is something about the ineptitude of the Greedo character that captured my interest. He is a trained killer and yet misses a point blank shot at Han. There must be a fascinating origin story about this green bounty hunter, and I want to see it.










8. Lando Calrissian

The Baron Administrator of Cloud city has led an interesting life. He gambles, smuggles, and to quasi quote Kanye West, Lando’s life is dope, and he does dope shit! Lando even owned the Millennium Falcon at one point but lost it to Han Solo while gambling. I want to see the origin of this man with such questionable morals. I hope he drinks Colt 45 in the film as well.





7. Yoda

Yoda is simply the most pimp character in the Star Wars universe. He stands 66 centimeters tall and yet is a giant amongst the Jedi. He is a master at nearly everything when it comes to the force and is virtually unrivalled in lightsaber battles. With 900 years of life, Star Wars fans deserve a trilogy to one of the most iconic figures in cinematic history. “Do or do not, There is no try.” – Yoda.



6. Darth Maul

Darth Maul was the Sith badass with the dual lightsabers in the Phantom Menace. He was awesome in the sense that he was a new bad guy for the legion of Star Wars nerds. The lightsaber battle scene between Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Darth Maul was arguably one of the best scenes from the prequels. He was a man of few words, but anyone that can kill Qui-Gon Jinn deserves an origin movie.


5. Chewbacca

Chewbacca is one of the greatest wingmen in the history of wingmen. He rides shotgun to Han Solo on the Millennium Falcon, and roars his way through the movies 4, 5, and 6. His strength is prodigious and his loyalty is even more so. You understood nothing he said which leads to wanting to know more about what makes this Wookie tick. Nerdy fun fact: Chewbacca is from the planet Kashyyyk.






4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

While Obi-Wan has had plenty of screen time already, he is such an awesome character that I want more. They could go two routes with the Obi-Wan character. They could do an origin story of his younger years. Or they could do the story of his life as a hermit on Tatooine. He fought Darth Maul, he fought Count Dooku, he fought Jango Fett, he fought General Grievous, and he fought Anakin Skywalker. This guy is the godfather of Jedi and deserves some more screen time.




3. General Grievous

Grievous might have been my favorite character from the new movies. When he opens his cloak and pulls out four lightsabers to fight Obi-Wan, I was in awe. I wanted to know more about a dude that could kill so many Jedi. There is no shame in losing to Obi-Wan in an epic battle, but it is a shame we don’t know more about this great villain.








2. Count Dooku

Holy shit, Saruman is in the Star Wars universe. Grey bearded and confident, Count Dooku owns the screen with his bravado and strong will. He is a former Jedi that has turned to the Dark Side. I want to know what caused the man to lose faith. I want to know what went on when Yoda trained Dooku in the way of the Jedi arts. A man that can survive a fight with Yoda deserves some back story.





1.Qui-Gon Jinn

I love Liam Neeson and he owned the Qui-Gon role. One of the biggest positives of the Phantom Menace was Neeson’s performance. He encapsulates everything I thought a Jedi would be. He is wise, calm, and confident in every situation. He is a beloved figure and understands the force in a unique way. Anyone who trained Obi-Wan must have an awesome origin story, and I would love to see Qui-Gon on the big screen again.





 There is my list. Is there anyone else you think that deserves a film? Let me know, and as always, thanks for reading!


P.S. If they make a Mace Windu origin movie, I hope they use Dave Chappelle!



No comments:

Post a Comment